Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Evening Light at the Public Gardens, Halifax




Evening Light at the Public Gardens, Halifax

I’d thought I’d had enough for my evening meal; Then this. This spectacle of indigo feasting that leaves me at the table, unable to move away.  This hour in this place is such evidence of God's delight...I'd call it magical, but I know better.  It's so much more than that, so much bigger than that...Augh...it leaves me with a feeling of such grandness and such humbleness... The words feel too heavy, yet at the same time, I longed to try...







Diaphanous radiance of evening glory
that settles the in-between spaces
of dandelion glitter.

Light that skates the sharp ache of edge
where new green meets the unbound blue
in a bold proclamation of 
I AM.
Evening sun that wakes the day 
with a sea of reedy candles,
while waiting for the comets to dance.

Kimberly M. King, RSCJ

No comments: