Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ash Wednesday, 2018: And by that I mean

For Ash Wednesday, 2018…

And by that I mean

It feels like I need space when I want to praise you
and by praise you I mean be with you,
close enough to you to reach out and touch the hem
of beauty, glory, full humanity, humble divinity;
touch the hem of the cloth that lays
upon the wounds of the difficult honor of Love.
I need space when I draw near to you
because there is so much in me that wants to run
and so much in me that wants not just to draw near but also
to be seen, to be touched, to feel, to
show you my wounds and be grounded in your wholeness.
And by grounded I mean free and by free
I mean Death has no hold and Light
shall not be overcome and your Love
is my strength and my salvation and oh,
I am not worthy. Rather, I am
grateful.

I need space when I want to praise you
because how can I bow down and soar
without it?

Kimberly M. King, RSCJ



  

No comments: