Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Poetics of Hope

In the tender compassion of our God, the
dawn from on high will break upon us...
(Canticle of Zechariah)
"Tomorrow we shall see what has changed in this town," said Baz.  "I wonder what it will be."

They woke to the sun shining down on them...In the night a pear tree had flowered, sprouting white and pink blossoms.

"It is nothing that would not have happened anyway," said Baz.

"But maybe no one would have noticed," said Tadis.  "The poet has opened their eyes.  He has made them see what is there.  That is his power." 

(The Magician's Apprentice, by Kate Banks)






Now let your servant go in peace; your word
has been fulfilled...
(Canticle of Simeon)
Long sing the Poet, I say,
and long bless God.

Long may my heart behold
and long may I listen wide

to the full feathered wind of love
that tousles my ease and mind.

To the Word, the One,
my Hope, my Ah!,

infinite always praise.

©MperiodPress




No comments: