Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Morning

7:23 AM
I am here at my desk with coffee, watching the light pouring through the windows, making its columns and triangles of light all over the books and tables. This glorious half an hour is precious to me..my mind and heart can roam loosely and wriggle free of nets that would try to bind them to a purpose other than this time of sitting in the company of the One who Is with no greater thought than "I am, too. And it's a wild beautiful ride, my friend."

The moon and the sun were both out as I waited for the bus. I imagined the conversation between them as something like the changing of the guard-- "Keep an eye on the guy on the bench--he might need an extra bit of light today...and check out the kid singing down the sidewalk two blocks over! Lots of dogs and grandmas this morning."

No comments: