From RevGals, a Friday 5 on Hope
My beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for now the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. Song of Solomon 2:10-13
Share with us five signs of hope that you can see today or have experienced in the past.
1. At a crowded hour on a rainy yesterday...sharing my single seater coffee shop table with a kind, grateful, considerate, stranger. We spoke only minimally but both parted smiling.
2. Watching a mother use mini post-it notes and a cookie sheet on a bus ride to teach her child letters and numbers.
3. The daffodils in buckets on bodega tiers, wating to offer someone a tantara of smiling-- and the warm thoughtful memories I have of giving daffodils to my first crush.
4. No matter what devastation is in the NYT in the morning, I get up every day and try to make a difference and so do a heck of a lot of others.
5. My 148 goofballs, students, clowns of God, who are making their way in this world.