Friday, December 11, 2009

Quiero que vengas

From the Virtual Heart of RevGals...It´s Friday Five!

Please share five ways that God has come to you (your family or friends, your church or workplace, our world) in the past year, that God is coming to you right now, and/or that you are longing and looking for God to come.

Before I begin, I must say that I chuckled when reading this one... read my previous two blog entries and you will understand why!

1. God has come in a young girl with sticky, wet, grimy, loving, cheek kisses for her beloved ¨tías¨ (The rscj who live in her public housing sector). This child with a fungus on her cheeks from malnutrition, this child whose mother has no kitchen or any other means of cooking a meal, this child with light and depth and too much age in her eyes.

2. God has come in the grandeza and profundidad of both the Pacific and the Andes. Such amazing, amazing, images of God for me. Talk about offering a perspective far greater than the personal. When I have a chance to be by either one, I simply can not stop staring with a longing in my heart.

3. God has come in visitations...with my grandmother and grandfather (89 and 92) before leaving...with two chances to see dear and loving friend I have known for twenty six years...in a surprise phone call here in Chile from another wondrous friend...in time spent with friends before leaving...in messages exchanged de lejos tan cerca (from a far away that is so near).

4. God has come in silence. In finding places where my mind and body and spirit can give in to a desire for resting in silence with God...without a need to think, a need to speak, a need to read. Simply a need to be.

5. And I am pretty sure that was God in the form of a butterfly who landed on my jeans while they were drying on the line in our back yard.

3 comments:

RevDrKate said...

lovely responses, thank you

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Escribe con mucha poder y belleza--gracias!

altar ego said...

The image you evoke are tangible, and I feel God's presence through what you write. Thank you!