Saturday, June 20, 2009

Verbiage

Friday Five...One Day Late! Based on the book Life is a Verb...

1. What awakens you to the present moment?

Feeling grounded myself--inside if not out; paying attention; listening to instinct; writing about it.


2. What are 5 things you see out your window right now?

Hmm...pigeons, a delivery truck, someone going through our garbage, a baby in a swimsuit and goggles riding by in a stroller, and rain-scattered tree pollen.

3. Which verbs describe your experience of God?

Accept; Give; Listen; Consider; Share; Expand; Saturate

4. From the book on p. 197:
Who were you when you were 13? Where did that kid go?

Oh Lord. I was a seventh grader who already knew her take on the universe was different than that of the majority of her peers but had no outlet for expressing it. That kid went on a long journey, met really good people along the way who gave her tools, friends who taught her about her own goodness, who loved her for precisely who she was, people who listened to her and said Wow!, and she ended up in New York trying to do those very things for others because she knows to her very bones that it makes a difference.

5. From the book on p. 88:
If your work were the answer to a question, what would the question be?

Is truth really stranger than fiction?

3 comments:

Sister Juliet, RSCJ said...

Lovely answers! I haven't done the Friday Five for a while. You have such a lovely relationship with words!

Kimberly said...

Thank you! I hadn't done one for a while either but this one spoke to me!

I imagine you are joining me in the fine art of sorting and boxing these days. Know of my prayers for you! I am looking forward to meeting you!

Sister Juliet, RSCJ said...

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement! I'm becoming the expert sorter...and I am determined that all of my belongings will fit in the car (a Matrix--so the hatchback gives it a little more room than most).

I look forward to meeting you as well! Blessings, and happy belated feast!