Friday, August 15, 2008

A friend

"I count myself in nothing else so happy
As in a soul remembering my good friends."
Shakespeare, Richard II

I was talking to a friend this afternoon, a former colleague whom I have known now for ten years. He has been through some significant change in the last little while and I wanted to check in and ask how he was faring on the sea. Though he would have every right to not do so, he asked about my life as well and genuinely wanted to know. We promised prayers for each other at the end of the call, each naming what the other could include in the offered intentions.

Later on, I was writing about this call for myself while in a favorite coffee shop and closed my journal entry with a simple truth that I wanted others to know.

"He is one of the good guys, he is. I am so lucky and so very thankful."

2 comments:

John said...

Sounds like a lucky man.

Kimberly said...

A plum lucky pear, I'd say...