Summer Reruns Friday Five
It's that time of year when the only new things on television are music/dance competitions (the 21st century answer to variety shows?). Yes, it's the season of reruns.
This week the clock turned back to last fall and the Glee kids went back to school and still got "slushied," and Michael hired his nephew on The Office, which was not something even he would be likely to repeat.
In honor of this annual Time Warp, please share five things worth a repeat. These could be books, movies, CDs, recipes, vacations, or even TV shows.
Five things Worth Repeating
1. The synchronicity of clean sheets, clean blankets, clean pyjamas.
2. The Magnificent Spinster, by May Sarton. I re-read this at least every couple of years. A touchstone book that reminds me of parts of myself, good, good, people that I have known, and dreams both met and unfulfilled.
3. The song, Mystery, on Misa Gaia by Paul Winter and the Paul Winter Consort. AUGH! LOVE this song... it is for a mystical lullaby of love and a celebration of the infusion of God in our world.
4. Reading aloud the Prologue to the Gospel of John.... or any text I know as well that touches-stirs-moves-inspires-brings about an Ahhhhh...home.... in the stillness of my heart.
5. The hug of a missed friend. Yes, to repeat it means waiting again, but that feeling is a grand one.